PZC Cheer Coaches Code Of Conduct
Our Cheerleading Coaches are the primary interface with the children and parents that make up our program. In their role, the coaches are critical for ensuring that we create a culture that is aligned with the mission and values our organization stands for. Therefore we expect all coaches to abide by our code of conduct, rules and policies.
1. Put cheer practice time and sportsmanship above winning.
2. Never engage in an argumentative or confrontational conversation with an official, parent or another coach.
3. Never engage in an argumentative or confrontational conversation with a parent. If the parent insists in this behavior,
Walk away and immediately notify a PZCLA Director of Cheer or Team manager.
4. Treat parents as valuable members of my team by frequently talking with them and seeking their questions. Ask for their help in getting kids to learn get the proper rest and nutrition, and in helping prepare the kids to participate in cheerleading.
5. Run well-organized practices with instruction planned out, written out and timed.
6. Speak with confidence and purpose and encourage eye contact between me and my players when talking.
7. Give Cheerleaders plenty of water breaks, taking no chances with heat exhaustion.
8. Take no chances with health issues, and if necessary call parent, evacuate or call for ambulance. Keep all asthma inhalers in one location.
9. All PZC Cheer Coaches are required by PZC rules to be certified before coaching a cheer squad.
10. Be positive, smile, and enthusiastically encourage my players.
11. Be consistent, set parameters and not let my players go outside them.
12. No harsh discipline
13. Never demean a child verbally.
14. Encourage overt sportsmanship at every turn.
15. Encourage teamwork.
16. Always show and practice great sportsmanship to cheerleaders.
17. Do Not use any abusive or foul language.
18. Always have a medical kit fully provisioned and available at practices and games.
19. Follow all of PZCLA Coaching rules, Acknowledge that any violation of this rules will result in suspension and or permanent dismissal of the program.
20. Refer All parents to Team Organizer "BAND" for schedules, events, practices, games.
21. Parents will not be allowed on the field or in building during practice hours.
22. Parents will not be allowed on the sidelines during games except for coaches.
23. Refer any guardian or coach complaints to the Director of Cheer or Team Manager.
24. Report any unexcused absences to the Director of Cheer immediately.
25. Report any rules violations to the Director of Cheer as soon as possible.
26. PZC cheer Coaches do not have access to any guardian confidential information such as phone numbers, addresses,
payments, payment plans, scholarships, cheer accounts
27. PZC cheer coaches do collect or accept any funds or payments, from parents at any time. Coaches will direct parents or guardians
to make all payments online. Parents may request pay links or pay through wave account system.
28. PZC cheer coaches do not have permission at anytime to sell directly or indirectly items, products or any services to cheer parents or
cheerleaders, as this is conflict of interest.
29. Cheer Coaches will not collect personal information from cheerleaders or cheer parents at any time.
30. PZC Cheer Coaches will abide by the above guidelines as a condition of Coaching for PZC Cheer League & Association. Your position as cheer coach can be terminated at any time, with or without cause and will have no remedy or review. Acknowledge that you will be a role model, that cheerleaders will take their cue from you. You Agree to act in a way that is honorable. While the goal is to play well, the primary goal is the uplifting and proper training of cheerleaders.